Thursday, January 3, 2008

Should I Go ?

In Life I guess we always have to make tough decisions and live by them. But somehow im rather cautious as i really want to weigh my options before making a choice. Two new terms i learnt from a wise sage- ROI (return of investment) and RAMS (risk adversity management system) ..For the ROI, when we invest our time in something, are we going to get back the returns that we hoped for? and for RAMS.. how much am I willing to put at risk?

For those who are lost.. im talking about whether to join the sabah adventure challenge race. Its and adventure race held in sabah.. crazily shiong.. its 18okm in 3 days.. and im factoring in my other commitments to see if i should go ahead with it.
1. Driving.. not completed yet.
2. My tuition kid.. another commitment.
3. Sch Outdoor Camp in march- thats my main project b4 i leave the sch.
4. Sundown marathon 31st may
5. NOLS summer course in Washington


what are the pros of the race?

1. Great Scenery- get to cover mount kinabalu
2.Exposure to an expedition length race.
Cons :
1. Application of leave..
2.Money (its abt 500+)
3.Training time

I really think the odds are stacked against me now to do this race.

firstly we only have two months to condition our bodies.. to do a 180km race?! thats madness ppl normally take a year to do that.. and we want to get sponsorships.. how to get it done in time? everything's just to rush. i REALLY am interested in it. i mean AR is like the 2nd most impt thing that i live for.. im still kinda unsure.. Can i do this next time?
Would i be happier if i said i leave this till the next time this race comes along? or am i just shirking the chance to go for a bona fide race?

Confusing eh.. think i'll go give myself some time to think it thru..
I have raced in many races.. Loved each one of them..

Abit ego i know.. forgive me but i'll just list down my record anyways..

1. BBAQ 2003 Champion
2.NTU ODAC 2004 ATC 3rd
3.NTU X-Physique 2005 12th
4.BBAQ 2007 Champion
5. Punggol Picnic 2007 2nd
6.Adventure Singapore 2007 Champion



Team Born Again ( NTU ODAC ATC 2004 ) Praying before the race..

My 2nd team (team Xuper-Phat Attitude) Highly cohesive team that did great
Sadly.. Nat has gone down under to study, jam's heart not to gd and jem is busy studying. haiz



Thats me climbing at the race.



Thank God for his grace and blessing on this team.. really. we managed to get 2nd thanks to the Lord watching over us.. though this may never race togther again, I am contended that the Lord has given us an opportunity to have raced alongside each other.

No comments: