Monday, January 14, 2008

Same old wrongs resurfaced =s

The things that have resurfaced-

1. Female students with attitude problems during PE lesson

2.Last-minute ad-hoc assignments that come to you that is due in less than 24hours.

3.Thrust with new duties outside your job scope without guidance.

Haha.. what's new? you may think.. well for those who think im whining.. i cant stop you. I guess i am.

The first point- Once again the girls of the older classes are giving me problems due to their attitude in class and their level of participation, or the lack thereof. Refusal to follow syllabus is seen as an outright challenge of my authority. This revokes bad memories of a netballer in last year's school team perpetually giving me problems by refusing to cooperate and instigating others to not participate during lessons unless its her favourite netball or captain's ball. And there was nothing i could do but speak to her and explain to her my rationale. Well, it was futile as she had grown too big for her shoes.. So today when this basketball girl showed me signs of diva-esque attitude, i did not hesitate to give her a piece of my mind. I was not about to let this matter pass. Another one refused tuck in her shirt despite repeated calls. Another deserving candidate of the hairdryer treatment. I mean.. if i dont give it to them now, when they grow up what kind of monster will they become? I really am not relishing that thought.

Point2 - Given a last minute assignment to go pick some fixtures for my school at some faraway land in the northeast. Thought initially to be given to other teachers to attend the meeting. I found robin hood hitting a bullseye at my back to attend it with less then 20 hrs to the meeting. What can i say? suck thumb? yes thats what i did.. so im still going there nonetheless.. Last minute things are unavoidable at times, so they say, but is that really the case? with planning.. i dont think this would have happened.. and now im missing my class for the whole day.

Point 3- haha.. this one really tickles me.. i kena-ed some funny committee that even most closest friends would agree that this is so NOT-me. but still i was tasked to do it.. worse still, there are no guidelines as to what to do in my role and its up to my own discretion of how to perform the role to the best of my ability. If you do it well-thats called having initiative.
If you screwed it up-thats called geh-kiang.. haha..

Well thats working life for you.. i'll take it with a pinch of salt. Enjoy my job and the company with the kids- thats whats important. Take some time to sort it out lah.. Maybe it'll fall into place if you pray. I should. Nite.

No comments: