Friday, February 6, 2009

Pending...

There's a word that came to my mind as I was driving around Bukit Panjang last year in preparation for the race. So I came up with this joke: Which estate in Bukit Panjang has flats that takes the longest time to build?

The answer: Pending !

Get it?! Because it is always waiting for approval.. that's why it takes the longest to build..
Well for the uninitiated, Pending is one of the LRT stops at Bukit Panjang area..Playing a pun on the word.

Pending is a process whereby you are waiting for something to happen. Or rather waiting for something to be approved. We wait everyday don't we? Waiting for that train, the traffic light to turn green, queuing up for food or any other thing..

We can wait expectantly or dread the entire process, better still, some can be oblivious to waiting!
Waiting is a time lag from your current stage/phase to the desired stage/phase of life that you want to be in. Well we don't have the say on this matter. Rather waiting is simply imposed on us..

I have been having things with the label "pending" on it.
My instep, for one, is still pending. I want to thank God that NTU has offered me a place to go for exchange at University of Alberta.
I made through the interviews and got accepted, and now have to do the course matching stuff..

My second metacarpel bone is also still "pending". The cast has been removed. Thank God.
I still have to put a splint for another 2 weeks and then go back for review. Thats a month out from volleyball. Thank God that the tutor is understanding.

Waiting trains character. it gives one patience. so that when you do reach your desired stage from your current stage. It will be much sweeter. Now you never know when that's gonna come or if it will even come. But that's where you trust. If it's in his will the door will be open for you.

I need to. For his timing will be the best timing. Nothing else would. Man are such forgetful creatures and I need reminders of his faithfulness too.

In all, waiting can be a good thing. Though its painful, it sobers you up.

1 comment:

Victor Lee said...

Very encourage as i am pending for an answer at this pit stop in my life now!