Sunday, March 30, 2008

Peace

There used to be this army advertisement which said: " We should never mistake peacefulness for peace" This statement just came to me as i sat at lower seletar reservoir earlier on. No, im not gonna write about anything military. Rather i was just thinking about being at peace with myself.

As i was seated on a bench at lower seletar reservoir, the place was a picture of serenity and calm. I could hear the rustlings of the leaves when the wind gently stroked the trees under the crimson-red sky. I found myself in a state of peace that i have not experienced throughout the week and i know that once i leave the reservoir, the intensity and pressures of living will just hit me like a MRT train during rush hour.

In the bible (John 14:27), the Lord Jesus said:" Peace i live with you;my peace i give you. I do not give as the world gives.Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."

This verse says that the peace that the Lord gives is unique and different to the kind of peace that the world can give through superficial security like securing high-paying jobs or anywhere near the lines of striking it rich.

After working for about 8 months, I was wondering am i really at peace with myself in this job? why is it that i always have to go to parks and reservoirs to feel the peacefulness. Maybe it has got nothing to do with the job. Its just living in Singapore. Period.

So as i sat there, i was wondering in what is the state of my life that im currently in? Comfortable? Struggling? Lackdaisical? I just sat there quietly stoning away,enjoying every precious minute of peace. I think that i am at peace with myself and the Lord, yet i yearn to live quietly like at some farmhouse in australia or new zealand.

I think im just trying to get into a state of mental-paradise. Trying to attain zen-like peace whilst living in today's impossible world. Well at least i have the Lord's peace with me. Thank you Lord, for you said the peace you give is unlike what the world can give.

4 comments:

royal said...

Hi,
I am glad to found your post in which you offered interesting information. It is really good read to me.

Thanks for sharing!
Online Single Dating

royal said...

Awesome Post!
I have read your blog and I appreciate the information which you shared here. It is really good read to me.

Thanks
Best E-Learning Script

royal said...

Fabulous Sharing!
I am really admire the information which you shared here in your blog which is really good read to me.

Thanks for sharing information!
How To Unlock My Blackberry Bold 9780

royal said...

Awesome Sharing!
I have read your blog and I appreciate the information which you shared here. It is really good read to me.

Thanks
how to unlock blackberry torch