Thursday, March 13, 2008

March Holidays @ MOE Labrador Campsite!

Back from camp! (albeit a very wet one).. Haha.. I had an outdoor camp for the kids at MOE Labrador campsite! It was a new concept for the kids, bringing them out of school and exposing them to nature and all the outdoor elements.. It was good and the teachers bonded as well...

DAY ONE: Gathering of the kids in School..
The kids' couldnt contain their excitement at the prospect of going out of school.

Teachers at Labrador Campsite...One of My Favs.. Racheal Tan. Super Cute rite?First activity of the day: Outdoor Cooking with mess tins! They cooked Maggi noodles and canned food.Look at an ANGRY aisha !High elements was next! I was bored and so i got Sye and alfiyan to go bouldering with me!Now that's a "drop-knee".. Havent practised in a LONG time..Tried the Over-hang as well..Managed to convince Sye to boulder!Low-element station: The spider webOne of the rockwalls @LabradorOne kid managed to complete! Hike to Labrador park... Saw lots of soldiers.. told the the kids to watch out for Mas too.. Haha.Looks like im at some beach resort eh? Bintan or Batam? nah.. just at labrador park.Zipline/"Flying Fox" station..Caught Amanda smiling at the camera.. Wanted to take Racheal.. who looks relac-jac here...Me and My fav.. so cute.. Well.. while the kids are having fun outside.. the teachers are having theirs indoors! haha.. Card games.. The ah-long dealer..Banker.. He's thinking of post-retirement so fast..Highlight!: Thank God that he stopped the rain so the kids can have a CAMPFIRE!They look happy.. dont they?!Check out the spelling error on the camp t-shirt.. disclaimer: It wasnt done by me.. =pFIRE!And the teachers adjourned for the next activity! The BBQ organised by me! Managed to get the fire started and the food to be BBQ-ed!

Look at the FOOD! haha.. the kids and trainers were all jealous!!

I really want to thank God for this camp in that i persisted against all odds to organise this camp.. Was great to have worked with Samy and the PE comm.. Indeed it wasnt easy but i saw the kids enjoyed and learnt something new.. saw the teachers bonded with the kids and each other through the camp and the BBQ.. Praise God! for He provides with all that we need...

Habbakuk 3:19

The Lord God is my strength; He will make my feet like deer's feet and He will make me walk on my high hills.

No comments: