Friday, April 9, 2010

Special mention after final tennis class!

Today marked the last tennis class at the U of A. The instructor, Mr JO, gathered everyone and had a briefing on what the final exam would be like, he mentioned about the topics like fundamentals, strategies and tactics. . Lo and behold.. He made a special mention about ME!

He said: Alex, is this your last semester at U of A? And I said yes. He thanked me in front of the class for helping to set up the equipment and always being there early. I felt a sense of pride and at the same time felt embarrassed as well.

I always thought that he wouldnt accept me because Im the only foreigner in the class. Initially, I figured that it would be natural for him to be biased towards the locals and outcast me. But as the weeks grew, not only did he not do that. He actually taught me pretty well. The most touching thing that happened today was after the briefing I went up to further clarify the exam topics (my usual style) and he clarified with me. After which, he extended his hand to shake mine, and thanking me for being part of the class.

I was so touched. I always thought of myself as the odd one out and to be appreciated this way made me felt so happy! To think I thought of him in the negative light earlier.. Its always a end-of-the-program thing. Be it a camp, module or course, I always feel a tinge of sentiment everytime something ends and it certainly was the case today.

My time at the U of A is almost over and I wouldnt swap this 4 months here for anything in the world. It has been a mind-blowing experience. I have learnt and seen so much that broadened my horizons.

Lately, Ive been thinking of wanting to pick up some basic sports injury management and sports medicine. I have some interest in those areas like kinesio taping and also other forms of sports treatments. I think they would come in handy when I eventually teach PE outside. I was looking up some courses that were held at the SSC and I wouldnt mind picking up a course or two there about sports injuries.

Back to serious work, its time to prepare for the exams!
Really want to thank God for bringing me to Canada. I thank him every night before I sleep.

2 comments:

royal said...

Hi,
I am really admire the information which you shared here in your blog which is really good read to me.

Thanks
Online Shopping

royal said...

Nice Post!
We have an site, Which offers you the Best Pay Per Minute Webcam Script solution. Our Pay-Per-Minute Webcam Software charges by the minute to build your Webcam Site much easier in such little time. Choose our unique Pay Per Minute Video Webcam Chat Script for a better platform to your Webcam Site.

Thanks for sharing information!
Pay Per Minute Video Chat Script