Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Keg steakhouse and Fuss Cupcakes

So it was.
The great trip to the holy grail of steaks in Canada. We've been eyeing this place for ages and to set foot there today has been a privilege. Thanks to Alwyn, we get to dine here to celebrate his birthday.Arriving at the mecca of steaks.

Kitchen was an open concept where the chefs grill the meats in the open.


My starter was the Creamy Crab Chowder which was great with pangs of umami screaming from my tastebuds. Large chunks of crabmeat adorned the soup.


Satisfying soup! Wished there were more..

My entree is Top Sirloin with Dungeness crab. Its the crab season so they have a crab celebration menu. For the first time, i tried having my steak done at Chicago Medium Rare. This means that the steak is charred on the outside and have its doneness of choice on the inside. The theory sounds appealing but in actual fact the charredness didnt really cut it with me. I prefer the main stream kind of donenes..

Alwyn and Jo had the prime rib with prawn skewer. Another excellent choice.
Bought Fuss Cupcakes from Whyte Ave for Alwyn's bday.


1 comment:

royal said...

Hi,
I am really admire the information which you shared here in your blog which is really good read to me.

Thanks
Ebay Clone Software