Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Colors of Spring in Edmonton!

I had my first exam paper at the U of A and it was the exercise physiology paper. It went pretty well and the organisation of the exam was vastly different to the one in Singapore.

1. We could place our bags right next to the bottom of our seats. (Based on integrity here)
2. They placed students taking the same module in alternate rows so you have no chance of cheating.

3. Once you're done, you bring the paper to the back of the hall and submit it yourself!

Pretty cool system I would say. I was abit bored after that and went for a jog in the evening. These photos were taken at 7pm.. and it was still so bright! (Due to spring/summer hours)

The place really looks so different to when i first arrived in January when it was all filled with snow and the North Sasketchwan River was fully frozen.

The river in full flow and overlooking the LRT bridge. This photo was taken on Groat Road.

Overlooking to the city centre side where the legislature building is



This is the U of A building near the riverside

On the other side of Groat road (the sun was shining and it was a HOT 23 degrees)



The remnants of winter(Last bits of ice left on the river banks)


Decided to jog to Hawrelak park to see how the lake looks like when its melted.. but didnt have a chance.. coz i saw people playing ultimate!!! And I went over to join them




A group of people playing American Football

I saw some people throwing and so I approached them to ask if they were gonna play a game and if I could join. Fortunately they were and allowed me to join! I was so happy as I havent played in 2 months since the winter league ended.
They were a team called Team Salmon! Funny eh? They were pretty near and I played a scrimmage of 3 points with them coz i remembered that I have to go back for dinner! And this photo was taken at 740pm! Still so bright!

No comments: