Saturday, March 13, 2010

Snowboarding @Snow Valley!

I did something today that I could not forsee myself trying it at any point of my life. Wah.. got so dramatic not?

Haha.. I went for snowboarding at Snow Valley today! It was a bittersweet experience to say the least.. Bitter because I fell TONS of times, fell on my butt, fell on both knees, hit my head and abrasion on my nipples. Sweet because, I finally mastered how to snowboard without falling!

We progressed from the kiddy hill, then middle hill and finally to the chair lifts. I only mastered how to control direction in my last two tries!


The Lodge entrance.
Snow Valley Map

The chair lifts..
Mark, the trip coordinator from HUB, giving a briefing before the activities begin.

The ski pass for the day

Posing with the board

With the Snow valley sign

On the Conveyer belt! The belt is really cool and transports you up the hill...





ME coming through! Alwyn loh just got up...
The pose quite seh ah..
Crashed!!!! I fell at such a high speed that i blanked out!

Going up the middle hill
Up the chairlifts! IT can go at such high speeds!

Coming down is also technical. we have to get outta way quick lest the next chair hits us!



Let the Snowboarding begin!!!




I fell on my knees and was dragged down by the board.. it was so painful as though i got thrown out of a car.. flew and crashed...Recovered to take a photo!

The best pic of the day and I managed to go down the main slope without falling! Persistance pays off. For the saying goes: "If at first you dont succeed, try and try AGAIN!" That really holds true.

I was so frustrated at first but once i got the hang of it, i was very pleased with my learning! It has been a good day! Thank God.

No comments: