Saturday, March 6, 2010

Riding on trails of North Sasketchwan River..

Its very nice of Sam to organise a bike ride when I asked him to bring me a ride and he even lent me all his gear and his bike! It was an awesome ride with the weather being splendid and the sun was out! Only down side was the trails.. the ice was slushy and i fell countless times! And it was cold once we speed down the trails..

After gearing up.. never wore such elaborate attire before.. haha.. it was pretty fun and a nice feeling!

Wearing Cleats for the first time in my life! And also had protection to keep it dry and also warm..

Sam lent me his bike for today! Its the Norco..

We gathered at Redbike, near the U of A.. here with K-Force..




And the biking begins! Down from international centre and into the Sasketchwan river valley..

We got a group of about 10..
Taking a breather at the River Bridge..

Group photo! Of the UAOC.. or Outdoors Club..


Trail biking is no joke! I fell countless times.. The ice was so slippery i slipped twice on it. The slush was so soft that my rear wheel spun like nobody's business.. Worst of all, mud..! Hard snow's the best to bike on.. but not when its knee-deep level..
And the trails are tough with LOADS of uphills and downhills.. I died going up.. And sometimes I cant uncleat in time.. I FALL.. many times!!
Pushing my bike up the hill..


Another Brutal Upslope...

Sam wanted to try it!!

And lived to tell the tale! He looks shagged.. but he's a real solid biker!


Washing up!

All in all, thank God I came back safe in one piece! IT was an AWESOME ride.. scenic and good weather.. if only the trails were nice, that would be perfect..

2 comments:

royal said...

Awesome Post!
Study8home is the leading streamlined online e-learning & virtual classroom software provider which adapts to your learning and collaborative model and provide you all the solutions as per your requirement with ease.

Thanks for sharing information!
Purchase E-Learning Script

royal said...

Fabulous Post!
Soniksecurity offers you a wide selection of Vehicle and Home Security Products. We carry a wide variety of Security and Safety products like Vehicle Tracking System,GPS Navigation Devices,Vehicle Rear View Camera,Waterproof IP Camera,Wireless Ip Camera at very affordable prices.

Thanks for sharing!
Vehicle Tracking System