Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Changed Outlook: Dont endure, embrace the challenge!

Im going for the NTU x-physique on 16th march, an adventure race of about 40km with 3 of my other friends from church. Just came back from training at NUS with them, did some intervals and fartlek. It was good training.

We adjourned for dinner and had a good conversation with an older team member. We were just talking generally and he asked me how is teaching? Wow! i thought there's just so much to say since its such a general question.. So i talked about alot of things of which i told him about my heavy load of 40 periods a week.(yes u read it right) that works out to 8 periods a day.. 4 hrs. So i mentioned that im thong-ing this heavy load until another PE teacher comes back from course to share my load.

This is what struck me: Dont thong, embrace the challenge that God has placed in your path. If you take it as enduring.. then u will be suffering until that guy comes back. Take it as a challenge and let God stretch you.

WOW !

That really hit me quite hard. Because the past week i have been like indulging in some self-pity that oh poor me.. so much work and so many periods.. After this conversation i really should change my perspective.. I really should take it as a challenge and do it well! If i can overcome this obstacle then i think it will put me in good stead for future ones. Thank God for that placing him at the right place and time to tell me this. Praise God.

5 comments:

Wolfie said...

What kills me is the work after school that makes me stay back till 6pm everyday and continue at home...but yah, we just endure and excel ha.

Look forward to all the holidays and 'lull periods'!

royal said...

Awesome Post!
I have read your blog and I appreciate the information which you shared here. It is really good read to me.

Thanks
Best Online Dating Site

royal said...

Fabulous Sharing!
I am really admire the information which you shared here in your blog which is really good read to me.

Thanks for sharing information!
Online E-Learning Software

royal said...

Hi,
I have read your blog and I appreciate the information which you shared here. It is really good read to me.

Thanks for sharing!
How To Unlock My Blackberry Curve 9300

royal said...

Hi,
Faljo.com is your online source for Online Auctions, Online Shopping, Car Auctions and much more. Buy and Sell with our Online Auction community today, the World's online marketplace. Just Sign up and begin to buy and sell everything in auction now.

Thanks for sharing information!
Buy and Sell Collectibles