Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Steak House Satou - Finest Matsuzaka Beef

Paying homage to the greatest steakhouse (in my opinion) was one of the best experiences of my post-exam travel. I have earlier read up about Steak House Satou from Paul's Travel Blog and was so mesmerised by the marbling of the meat and the immaculate way the chefs handled the meat. To see it first hand and taste it was another experience altogether.


The concept was to have a butchery below and the restaurant above and thus the restaurant has supply to the freshest and finest cuts available.



Very beautiful piece of paper (im biased)



I chose the Omakase set which is to trust the chef and it cost 5250 yen ($83SGD)


Look, even the salad was made so prettily.


The chefs were separated by seniority. The junior ones would be cooking the veggies while the head chef dealt with the steak.



Look at the size of the steak!
Viola! Here goes my set: Salad, Steak, veggies, rice, miso soup and tea.


Close up of the wondrously marbled steak


Simply seasoned with ground pepper and salt. The meat was gorgeous. The fats were dealt with separately.



The vegetables.




The friendly staff took photo for me.


Check out my marbled prize


All done!


One to remember.


2 comments:

qingblog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I merely hit upon this web site and desired to enunciate that I've definitelyhttp://www.ukessaywritingservice.com/ delighted in reckoning your blog articles or blog posts. Rest assured I'll subsist pledging to your RSS and I wish you write-up after much more shortly))