Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Lead. Care. Inspire


That's the creed that my profession lives by.
Leading can be done through autocratic ways or laissez-faire methods. Caring can be shown through concern for your charges over their daily lives.
But INSPIRE?!

There's no guideline or official manual on what are the ways to inspire! Hit by a cognitive disequilibrium, I was truly stumped at the prospect of being an inspiration to others.

How does a person become inspired? Usually it occurs through admiring someone or some organisation's superhuman/extraordinary feat and that sudden stirring of the heart and adrenaline rush drives you to imagine yourself acheiving similar heights. Alas, those lofty goals don't usually materialise and remains as a pipe dream.

How can I inspire others? This is a question that I have no answer and must take on a journey in search of the path towards being an inspiration.

Certainly being passionate about what you do helps a great deal. But passion is a severely overused word isn't it? In addition, passion can be doused by fatigue and other issues that seeks to distract and disrupt you. That clouds one's vision.

So what then? I would say having a clear purpose for each season in life is something that keeps us on track in this race of life. Having a genuine interest/love in something and pursue it with excellence. When fatigued, take a sabbath and recharge your batteries and get back to the race.

To inspire others, one must have the belief and your passion/love will shine through and that influence you have will permeate your surroundings such that it is impossible to avoid. Being real and true to oneself breaks down all barriers to inspire, for you show who you are.

That said, a plumbline/blueprint is needed to keep you in check when all else fails, you need a role model to be there for you too.
I am thankful for that.


"You need to be inspired to inspire"

I get inspired by beautiful scener

17 comments:

Dana said...

Just stopped by your blog by coincidence. Really nice! I'll keep reading it!
/Dana from Sweden

Bill Sharma said...

wow beautiful pictures !!!

royal said...

Hi,
I have read your post and I admire the information which you offered here. It is really good read to me.

Thanks for sharing information!
Waterproof IP Camera

royal said...

Hi,
I am really appreciate the information which you discussed here in your blog which is really good read to me.

Thanks for sharing!
Best E-Learning Software

royal said...

Nice Sharing!
I am glad to found your post in which you offered interesting information. It is really good read to me.

Thanks
Webcam Chat Software

royal said...

Hi,
I have read your blog and I appreciate the information which you shared here. It is really good read to me.

Thanks for sharing!

sunnyakc said...

vous fashion.thank pour le partage,armani jeans homme is great.

Unknown said...

The Cash You Need Sent in Just 1 Hour. Get up to £1500 by calling 020 3106 5575

m said...

Hi, I was searching for students who exchanged at U of A, and I found your blog. I am an NTU student, and I just got assigned U of A, and right now I am quite worried about certain things. It will be great if you could tell me a bit of your experience? I'm most worried about how I don't have friends going with me, and also the expenditures! Would be great if we could email? :D

Edinburgh flats said...

You have a really nice blog here. Just wanted to appreciate you. Thumbs up!

Alissa Josephine Hope said...

Hey this is interesting! Thanks for sharing

DiamondsInternational.com

anjilynn said...

you deffinately caught my attention such beautiful words or art. I'm just starting out with my blog and have a lot to learn. your words were inspiring and encouraging.
if you like you can check out my blog
dancingintovictory here on blogger.
would love to get your opinion on my writing.

Unknown said...

I love this. It's wonderful.

The Book Project and Me

Marcus Rosewater said...

This was amazing, great job. Really puts things in perspective.

Unknown said...

Hi,
I have read your blog and I appreciate the information which you shared here. It is really good read to me.

Thanks for sharing!
[Election figs]

Unknown said...

Very nice and interesting post!
Houses For Rent.

Kiki76 said...

I'm heartened by your honesty, and encouraged by your sincerity about teaching is a calling. I hope you're still in the teaching field today.
A Called Teacher, HK