Sunday, December 6, 2009

Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2009

This is my 100th blog post ! And it coincides with the post on my 4th marathon: The Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2009. Affectionately known as Stanchart, this race holds good memories for me given that last year, I was organising an Adventure Race the day before then i went to run in the race.

Characterised by a relatively flat route, this year's edition is no different and the weather was absolutely perfect for a long run. In fact, it was so cool that it helped in the evaporation of sweat. I completed the race with a time of 4h35mins . Though its 8 minutes slower than my time last year, I was glad and proud that I completed because my legs refused to listen to me anymore after 36km.

I had made a tactical error at the 12km mark as I followed the 4.15hr pacers and felt comfortable when I should have restrained. As a result, my tank went flat and I paid the price for a tactical mistake. Wiser head belongs to the wise old man. Haha.. young man should have followed Old man.

Nonetheless, it was a good race with the exception of the merging with the half-marathon and 10k runners.

No disrespect to them, but I feel the organisers should create lanes to avoid having the massive blockages that we saw today. And we wouldnt have to zip around avoiding them and waste our energy.


With Mentor and Chin Seng




We had matching DS-Trainers from Asics. Old man really no joke, did his PB with a time of 4h25mins! Really commendable and he's going to do more marathons next year! Haha.. Im going to rest now.. Legs are jellied and abrasions to armpits and nipples. Super jialat..
Okay, its chillout from now on!


No comments: