Sunday, October 25, 2009

The North Face 100 2009

This is officially one of the most painful running races that I have done!
It felt as though I was doing an adventure race.. I signed up for the 25km with Gerald. As usual,
didnt really train much this semester.. Was rather confident with the route as I have trained there almost my whole life doing x-country runs and also training for AR.

We flagged off at 10am, which probably didnt help our thermoregulation as we sweat buckets. Route was expectedly tough because of the terrain and PLENTY of uphills and slopes.
The climax was when we even had to climb to the summit of Bukit Timah and that was no joke!
One thing commendable is that the race organisation was good, the food was generous and they gave bananas, gels (Which I took 5), mars bars and lots of other stuff. At the end of the race, we even had Subway sandwhiches and cookies for lunch. Free! Super good man.

Spoke to Shawn Lum today and he said we were destroying the natural habitat.. oh wells, another conservationist.. haha.. But the run was shiok la, if i had trained harder, then i wouldnt be in such pain...
Me and Mentor Me and Race team mate: Gerald

My race mantra: TRAIN HARD, RACE EASY

No comments: